A World of Women Writers
- (3/-1) The first book published by this group of writing sisters was the 1846 collection “Poems by Curren, Ellis, and Acton Bell.”
- (6/-2) This country is home to Isabelle Allende and Nobel Prize winner Gabriella Mistral.
- (9/-3) After losing a leg in a stage accident, this “divine” French actress wrote “The Art of the Theater” and, in 1907, a memoir called “My Double Life.”
- (12/-4) Barbara Tuchman's first nonfiction Pulitzer Prize was for this book describing the first month of World War I.
- (15/-5) In 1622, Pope Gregory XV canonized this Spanish Carmelite mystic from Avila who wrote “Interior Castle” and “The Way of Perfection.”
View the BBCode version