The First President To...
- (0/0) Not run for re-election after his first term; his successor didn\'t run for re-election either.
- (2/-1) Appear on television, at the opening of the New York World\'s Fair in 1939.
- (4/-2) Serve as governor of what is now a foreign country; he was also the only former President to serve on the Supreme Court.
- (6/-3) Pardon a former President; he also posthumously pardoned Robert E. Lee.
- (8/-4) Have served in the United States Navy; had he lost, his opponent would also have been the first Navy veteran to be President.
- (10/-5) Become President without ever having been a British subject; he is also the only President not related to King John of England.
View the BBCode version