- (3/-1) November 3, 1948 headline in the Chicago Tribune; the story by Arthur Sears Henning also reported that Republicans would control both houses of Congress – oops.
- (6/-2) 4-word headline in the New York Times; article by John Noble Wilford, dateline Houston, July 21, 1969.
- (9/-3) The June 29, 2012 Orange County Register\'s front page headline reported the Supreme Court giving this law a “Clean Bill of Health.”
- (12/-4) This publisher of the New York Tribune and future Presidential candidate printed a “letter to the editor” from President Lincoln in the New York Tribune in August, 1862.
- (15/-5) In this still-published Connecticut newspaper\'s July 8, 1776 edition, George Washington offered 10,000 acres of land to any British field officer who would switch sides.
View the BBCode version