Shake It Up
- (2/-1) In this book, Mark Twain writes about a family feud at a river bend heavily damaged by the New Madrid earthquake of 1812.
- (4/-2) Heinrich von Klist\'s novella â€œThe Earthquake inâ€ this country begins with the main character about to commit suicide in a Santiago prison when the quake hits.
- (6/-3) Myron Brinig\'s novel â€œThe Flutter of an Eyelidâ€ ends with this state breaking off of North America in a massive earthquake.
- (8/-4) The 1755 earthquake off the coast of Lisbon, Portugal disrupts this Voltaire novel and its â€œbest of all possible worlds.â€
- (10/-5) â€œAfter the Quake,â€ Haruki Purakami\\\'s collection of short stories published in 2000, deals with the aftermath of the 1995 quake that heavily damaged this Japanese city.
View the BBCode version