- (3/-1) Also called levulose, this fruit sugar is the primary ingredient in corn syrup-based sweeteners.
- (6/-2) This amino acid-based artificial sweetener is sold under the brand names Equal and NutraSweet.
- (9/-3) Discovered in 1976, this chlorinated sugar compound is sold in the United States under the brand name â€œSplenda.â€
- (12/-4) Benzoic sulfimide â€“ this substance known for its metallic aftertaste â€“ was invented in 1878 by a chemist experimenting with coal tar derivatives.
- (15/-5) Used as a sweetener in the Roman era, â€œSalt of Saturnâ€ is a white crystalline acetate of this toxic metal.
View the BBCode version