Historic Castles & Palaces
- (2/-1) Louis XIV moved to this chateau in 1684, making it the seat of political power in France for the next 100 years.
- (4/-2) During World War 1, the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha changed their family name, choosing to be called by the name of this family castle.
- (6/-3) Designed in 1711 for Peter the Great, this palace was the official home of the Czars until the revolution in 1917.
- (8/-4) Since 1975, this king and his family have lived at Zarzuela Palace, using the Royal Palace in the capital only for state functions.
- (10/-5) This religious leader was sheltered by Frederick the Wise at Wartburg Castle from 1521-22, during which time he translated the New Testament into German.
View the BBCode version