The Modern Pentathlon, Sort Of
- (2/-1) He won the 1972 Olympic 200-meter freestyle in a then-world-record time of 1:52.78.
- (4/-2) In one event of the modern pentathlon, athletes are randomly assigned one of these partners twenty minutes before the competition starts.
- (6/-3) In 1959, Gordon Gould coined this acronym for a form of radiation that replaced air cartridges in modern pentathlon pistols in 2011.
- (8/-4) An epee has this type of V-shaped beveled groove on the flat side of the blade.
- (10/-5) A modern pentathlon cross-country race could be run between the Don and Dee Rivers, near this third-most-populous Scottish city.
View the BBCode version